Official Master in Paleobiology and Fossil Record
Current paleontology provides a new view of the biological changes along the geological time. The resulting science, paleobiology, shows the evolution of life in a fascinating way, never seen by other disciplines. This new research includes a number of topics, namely taphonomy, paleoecology, paleoceanography, biostratigraphy, molecular biology, phylogeny, macroevolution, and functional morphology, among others.
This program combines the theory, research and practical application to provide the experience you need for a professional performance.
With this master’s degree, you will learn about current debates in evolutionary biology, systematics and paleobiology, how to solve issues related to fossil record and how to apply the acquired knowledge to the interaction with the industry (e.g. patrimonial effects of public works, cultural tourism or geological exploration). You will be able to develop a research project and improve your communication and dissemination skills.
And, overall, this master’s degree is a window to an amazing research and professional field.
The Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB) and the University of Barcelona (UB) organize this course in collaboration with the Institut Català de Paleontologia Miquel Crusafont (ICP).
- Module 1. Concepts in Evolutionary Paleobiology (9 ECTS).
- Module 2. Methods and Techniques in Paleobiology (9 ECTS).
- Module 3. Marine Paleobiology (15 ECTS). OPTATIVE MODULE
- Module 4. Terrestrial Paleobiology (15 ECTS). OPTATIVE MODULE
- Module 5. Research in Paleontology & Geotourism (12 ECTS).
- Module 6. Individual master research project -TFM- (15 ECTS).
- Maximum 25 students
- Required degree: Geology, Biology, Environmental Sciences, Sea Sciences / Oceanography and other degrees with complementary formation
- Price: 46,11€/ECTS (EU Citizens)
- Language: English and Spanish
You will find detailed information on this master here, but we firmly encourage to contact us to solve any questions you might have.
Collaboration with other institutions / events:
The Master in Paleobiology and Fossil Record is supporting several events related to paleontology such as:
|EJIP 2019||IMERP 2019|